Consider these 5 Ways to Increase Your Energy!
1) Crank it up! God wired us with a love for music. Whether it’s old-school, Indie, Country, Southern Gospel, Classical, Classic Rock, Big Band, Praise and Worship, Christian Contemporary, Jazz… whatever has a positive message and will get your head bobbing and foot tapping.
2) Plan it out. You know this one. Make that “To Do” list. Prioritize it. Make a plan that makes sense and includes others. If you are meeting as a team, then meet somewhere else other than the same space… go to a park, meet on the roof, someone’s back porch. The change of venue can help change your attitude and spark creativity.
Then, plan for something that energizes you… that hike, bike ride, shopping trip, woodworking or dance class, weekend cookout, movie night. Having something to look forward to creates a sense of anticipation and will keep you looking up!
Energizing Quote: “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn.” ― John Muir, The Mountains of California
3) Pray it through. Monday’s can spiral into anxiety overload as pressure mounts to produce. I say stop, drop and pray. The Apostle Paul recommends, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7, NIV).
4) Breathe it in. When we get too busy and stress levels rise, our breathing can shorten and we have less of the stuff that keeps our blood rich with oxygen. Slow down. Take a deep breath… in through the nose and out through the mouth.
5) Check it off. It’s time to do something. Even if it’s small, check something off the list that will get you and your team moving forward and create an early win in your week.
Bonus Energizer… move it! You’ve got to keep moving. Take a break and walk the stairs, circle the building, drop and do some push-ups, sit-ups, stretching or find somewhere you can dance like no one is watching. C’mon… you know you’ve got some moves!
What do you do to energize? Share your suggestion in the Reply section below…
How can we partner to energize your team? Email me at email@example.com. I would love to hear from you, pray for you, maybe even come for an onsite visit to encourage and equip you!